HEAVEN AND HELL QUESTIONS 5
1. What might we ask God to do for us through these weeks we shall be spending reading, meditating, discussing and praying about 'Heaven'?
2. The book was published 13 years ago. Do you think that attitudes towards heaven have changed since then in: (a) the world; and (b) the church.
3. How did you think of heaven when you were a child?
4. Has anyone read John Milton's poems: Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained? What are our current cultural reference points to images of heaven? (Where do people get their ideas of heaven from: What books; films; music; art; TV programmes and any thing else?)
5. On pages 65-67 he gives six reasons why Christians may neglect the subject of heaven. Can you think of any more reasons? Which of all the reasons do find exert the greatest influence (temptation) on you so that you do not think of heaven more?
6. How do you tell someone who is not a Christian and yet thinks they are going to heaven that this may not be the case? How can we use heaven as an 'evangelistic weapon' (see page 68) in our conversations with unbelievers?